Wednesday 1 May 2013

Kids - 30th Day of Gratitude

Today is the last day of April, therefore, I have achieved what I set out to do at the beginning of the month, which was to blog about gratitude everyday.

I have to say, I am actually surprised that I have done it. I am also proud of myself.

I have had days where it took a bit of thinking to come up with a subject for the day, but when I really took a good look at how that day had panned out or a thought or realisation I had during the day, even a memory from days gone by, something has always come up.


Most of all however, the thing I have noticed the most is the way I feel. My attitude is better, despite the fact that I have NOT done the other thing I was planning (getting to bed on time as spelled out in this post and followed up on here). I will deal with this tomorrow.

I've actually had quite late nights. I've had the kids home on holidays for the past fortnight and there have been a few things going on that have distracted me on different levels, but all in all, I have managed to keep it together and I attribute that to the fact that I have found something to be grateful for every day.

You see, when you are focusing on what you have, celebrating it (particularly in writing), and not paying too much attention to the stuff that may not be going so well, your attitude is better, and that, can dictate how your day goes on the whole.

So, I would once again like to thank Melina Schamroth over at Grateful in April for such a great campaign. Without her brain child I would not have achieved any of this in April.  Go check out Melina's main web page to see all the other great stuff she is involved in.

So getting back to it; while the 30 days of gratitude have not been in any particular order, I feel I have left the best for last.

I love my kids, they keep me going, they make me laugh, they bring out the best in me and at times the worst, they keep me real.

Today we went on a last little outing before they go back to school tomorrow, which involved lunch, walking on the beach, scooter riding (not for me), playing in the park and some real time spent talking and laughing and connecting.
I am most grateful for my kids, not just today, EVERY day.


“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment