Thursday 30 May 2013

What is balance?

Hello to all of you out there in the land of the Internet!

This is probably the first time I have sat down to write a blog post with no actual idea of what I was going to say!

So why not see where this journey takes us ...


I've been cruising along since April and cannot for the life of me understand where May has gone!

I think I'm doing well, a few things have changed positively in my life, including securing myself some part time work in an area that is so satisfying for me, it could not have been more perfect an opportunity!

The kids are doing well, MJ is getting ready at School for what is a pretty busy performance season with dance and also a busy study time. He will also start singing lessons again soon having researched and found a suitable tutor locally.

LJ has started swimming lessons, yes, I know ... What was I thinking starting swimming lessons just before winter? He is also enjoying his dancing after School and at School and will continue with Basketball until the end of this term.

I, on the other hand am simply enjoying that little bit of organisation that comes about as a result of having a job to go to!


I cannot believe that the old saying "If you need something done, give it to a busy person!" is actually true! However, it makes sense really, when we have time to spare, we tend to be more relaxed about planning, when every minute counts, you make them count!

So for me, I have celebrated some real achievements lately, not because I have done anything more than is required of me, nor anything extraordinary, but just because I have done exactly what is required of me! Without adding to that list.

I have also realised, that over the years, I have spent too much time setting unrealistic expectations of myself.

These days, I am happy when I get done what I need to and have time for things I don't need to do. And that, is a huge achievement!

My Happy Ending will be when I truly feel I have achieved that balance we all talk about.

One thing I do know though, the scales are easier to balance when they are not overloaded.

Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need for yourself.
Jessye Norman

How do you find balance? What IS balance for you? Do you set the bar too high?

No comments:

Post a Comment