Sunday 13 April 2014

Motivation - 12th Day of Gratitude

Motivation and logical thinking are things I used to think I was immune to.

I would find it so hard to get in the mood to do the things I knew I should be doing and no matter how hard I would reason with myself as to how much better off I would be if only I just got up and did those things now, I would still sit, and not do those things.

So many times I have finally done the washing up or cut up the vegetables or hung out the washing later than I had planned or in the cold of night or when I really wanted to be in bed and thought, I could have been in bed now if I had done this when I was supposed to have!


So is lack of motivation simply procrastination? Well I have Googled and found an answer to that question, it is HERE and is quite interesting actually.  Quite a short answer and I would suggest you all go and have a look ... That is, if you can be bothered!

Based on that, I can say now that while I do dither around with procrastination quite a bit, my lack of motivation is the thing I am talking about here. Which is why, I can be grateful that I do actually have some motivation, otherwise I would never get anything done.

Today, I am grateful for my level of motivation, as inconsistent as it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment