Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Beach - 29th Day of Gratitude

I used to live an hour drive from the beach.  I used to think about going to the beach all the time, but never went because it was too far away.

Now, I live 5 minutes from the beach. I still think about going all the time. I go more often, but still not often enough.

My friends hate me posting beautiful photos like this on Twitter and Facebook


And this


When I first moved here, I didn't appreciate it, simply due to the struggles I had at the time, my energy was elsewhere.

Now, I realise, when I am struggling, my energy is here, at the beach, so I go, I walk, I wet my feet, I inspect the beach, I look at things on the waters edge with the curiosity of a child and I enjoy the clarity the fresh air brings me.

I found these on the beach today


The snail like shell is twice the size of a 50 cent piece (The size of an iPhone screen) and was so heavy I thought at first there might still be an animal in it, and the small piece of Mother of Pearl was wet and sparkling in the sun when it caught my eye.

There was lots of seaweed today, like the sea had been rough overnight.

It was calm today.  I am calm today.  Thanks to my adventure on the beach.

Today I am grateful I live so close to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment